Limited muscle movement stopping you from controlling your wheelchair? Not any more! Use any one muscle as a single or dual ability switch! Sensitive to even the lightest muscle twitch since it actually senses the electrical nerve impulse to the muscle rather than any muscle movement. Read Testimonial Tab: "being freed from the necessity of having my arm or head precisely positioned to operate a more traditional driving mechanism, I can independently use the full range of seating functions without losing my ability to return to a driving position."
These versatile and easy to use EMG switch interface can be used to operate 2 separate or unique systems including an electric power wheelchair, as a nurse-call, switch scanning input for speech generating devices, environmental control, computer access, and perfect companion to control the PowerGrip Assisted Grasp Orthosis for users with movement in only one arm. Can be used with ANY device capable of accepting inputs from ability switches including our video game controllers, etc. Responds instantly (10ms).
If you haven’t been able to control switches because of ALS, spinal muscular atrophy, or spinal cord injury, these switches can help you achieve greater independence. Unlike other switches, the EMG switch senses the tiny signals which activate muscle. Use of the muscle control signals from your nervous system to your muscle makes the switch very easy to activate, even if the muscle itself is not strong enough to provide functional use. The sensor is connected directly on the muscle site which makes attachment simple. The sensor does not depend on motion so it remains in the proper position even as you move around.
Case Study: Single EMG Sensor Control of Wheelchair & Mobile Phone Environmental Controls for Persons with Severe Mobility Limitations
Compare to the Ablenet Impulse EMG Switch (discontinued) which use Bluetooth, this EMG Switch is lower cost, more configurable with highly adjustable sensitivity, longer battery life and can be used with any device without dependency on a computer or setting up complex Bluetooth connections to the computer.
This is the most cost effective EMG technology available yet of high cost of this technology, to make it more available, Broaden Horizons is offering at wholesale price for retail website purchases only! Designed for greater simplicity, this EMG switch does not require a professional on-site for setup and training as other $15,000 EMG switch solutions require. Consider adding 1-2 Hours of Professional Phone Training and Setup Support if you are not very technical. Broadened Horizons is here to help you!
This EMG Switch incorporates high-end sensor electrodes used by professionals in hospitals and rehabilitation centers. In addition to functional control out ECUs, computers, PowerGrip Assisted Grasp Orthosis, and much more, EMG switch can be used in clinical settings as a significantly lower cost EMG diagnostic tool.
30 Day Trial
- If you are purchasing, every product we offer has a 30 day moneyback satisfaction guarantee, essentially a 30 day trial.
- Due to the nature of this product, a 30 Day Trial Program is available at a rental cost of $199.95 to cover:
- Consumable cloth pads & leads
- Refurbishment and Cleaning
- Shipping both ways in USA & Canada - we include a convenient return shipping label
- $199.95 will apply to purchase price if you decide to keep the EMG Switch
- Requirements: A trial agreement will need to be signed which includes a credit card so that if equipment works out and you decide not to return within 30 days, we will capture balance of purchase price. For qualifying institutions, no credit card may be necessary, in which case trial agreement turns into a purchase order after 30 days.
- EMG Switch Controller
- 2 Readily Available Ag/AgCl EMG Adhesive Patch Sensors (used as a pair)
- 1 Reference Snap Sensor Cable
- 1 Box of 60 Adhesive Sensor Pads
- Rechargeable Batteries
- AC Wall Charger
- User Manual
Cost of Consumable Items:
- AgCl conductive adhesive patch sensors available through standard medical supply companies. BioTac 7664 sold by Kendall $0.19 each (60 per box, 12 boxes per case)
Sensor Replacement Parts (Only If the Damaged - Call us to order)
- Reference Electrode cable & Snap Sensor ~$38
Note: After placement of the sensors over the muscle, all EMG sensors require up to one minute for extraneous noise levels in the signal to drop. New users will sometimes try activating the muscle once or twice within a few seconds of placement, find it unresponsive, and move the sensor searching for a better location on the muscle. Often patience is all that is required, then adjust the sensitivity. Only move the sensor as a last resort after about two minutes and a final adjustment of the sensitivity. After using the EMG Switch a few times you will learn the optimal placement of the sensor on your body.