New-in-box from either Veterans Administration Hospital or a guided missile research program that use them to move the missiles under construction around the facility. Apparently, the program was cut. Was on government action and no one quite knew what to do with them until I was approached.
Sales Sheet - PDF Manual - PDF Traditional Cleaning - PDF
I needed one for myself and figured my customers could definitely benefit!
So if your insurance will not purchase a top-quality ceiling lift that makes life every morning and night getting in and out of bed much easier or even independent, and you are in a private pay situation this is PERFECT opportunity for you. Search the Internet, you will find 10-year-old Residential units selling for $3500-$5000 often without track. These are brand-new, never used. Medcare is one of Minnesota's top 50 fastest growing companies and primarily sells the ceiling lifts to high use professional organizations such as hospitals, rehabilitation centers, and government facilities.
Warrantee & Quality: These are ROCK SOLID and will probably last longer than you. I have seen standard residential units easily go 20 years so you can extrapolate. Being rated for up to 1000 pounds the motors, bearings, dollies, etc. on this unit will probably barely even notice you are there! The factory warranty just expired 2 months ago but Broadened Horizons will warrantee for six months after purchase to replace any broken or failed component. We would only be able to provide a replacement until they are sold out.
We highly suggest professional installation. Obviously it is not rocket science but experience provides better results in all cases of life.
BARIATRIC CEILING LIFT Item No. 700100
For bariatric patients, movement and transfer present special challenges often requiring specialized equipment. Medcare's Bariatric Ceiling Lift is built and tested to handle these patients with ease. With the capability to lift 1,000 lbs. with a single motor, our Bariatric Ceiling Lift is designed to be extremely efficient which leads to longer battery life and results in more lifts.
- Strongest anchoring system in the industry
- 92” lifting range allows lifting from the floor
- 4-point, non-rigid hanger bar allows sling to conform to patient for added comfort
- Electronic braking system
- Smart battery charger
- 1000 Pound Rated Motorized Ceiling Lift with built-in battery backup
- Smart Battery Charger
- Hand-Held Pendant Controller
- Spreader Bars
OPTIONAL X-Y Gantry Track Set
- 3-pieces10 feet long Heavy-Duty Track
- 2 wheeled dolly's for ends of center track to roll on 2 outer tracks
- 1 Dolly for lift on center track
- Allows person to be positioned in three-dimensional space anywhere in the room!
Not Included (Available from Medcare or most hardware stores):
- Additional sections of track for more elaborate installations such as curved track to go into other rooms (i.e. bathroom)
- Small mounting brackets to attach track to either ceiling or walls. Varies depending on your exact configuration. $5-35
- Screws, light bulbs, and other mounting hardware
- Labor to install it. Talk to your handy uncle, someone who installs garage door openers has similar skills, or even better hire someone from your local ceiling lift dealer/installer to help you out after hours. Note: most dealers will only want to install new full price equipment direct from the factory for obvious margin reasons and they cannot get reimbursement on non-factory new units from insurance or other funding entities typically. These units are usually for private pay situations.