We are now offering a 10 count package of one of our most popular products: Comfort Carrier Wheelchair to Aircraft Travel Transfer Sling Seat! Any size combination available and the ability to swap out sizes of unused comfort carriers in the future, if necessary.
CONTACT US FOR A QUOTE!
For anyone unable to walk, many destinations or activities seem impossible. NOW new opportunities as broad as your imagination await! Indispensable for active individuals, recreation & travel organizations serving the disabled, and as part of an emergency preparation plan for individuals, managed-care facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, group homes, accessible housing, etc. Emergency Preparation starts with each person - Be Prepared for the unexpected!
Save yourself physically and mentally - get a Comfort Carrier TODAY!
- Train, inaccessible Bus, Van, or automobile (indispensable when exploring less developed countries, when adapted vehicles are not affordable or available such as rental cars or taxis)
- Cruise Ship - dis-boarding in smaller ports of call & take advantage of local sightseeing opportunities that might otherwise not be possible
- Stairs (be carried up or down separate from wheelchair)
- Bed (when lifts are not available, cannot be used because of no space under bed, bed is wrong height, or those assisting with transfer simply don't have the experience or strength for sliding board, standing pivot or other transfer techniques
- Try new things that were otherwise simply too difficult or thought impossible
- Kayak, Canoe, Sailboat, Speedboat Sit Ski (water or snow), tubing, sledding
- Camping (wheelchair to sleeping bag)
- Swimming, Beach, Picnic (wheelchair to grass/sand/water - Pool, Lake, Ocean)
- Amusement Park (experience the roller coaster for the first time or again)
- Biking - Recombinant, Arm Bike / Hand Cycle, even tow trailer seat
- Motorsports - ATV, Snowmobile, Go-kart
- Horseback Riding (combined with a sturdy tree, 4 rock climbing Carabiners, a belay safety equipment & rope)
- Hunting & Fishing - duck boat, tournament angler boat, ATV / Ranger, etc. Tree stand (combined with a sturdy tree, 4 rock climbing Carabiners, belay safety equipment & rope)
- Recliner, Couch, Standing Frame, etc.
- Emergency - fall out of wheelchair / wheelchair tips over
Personal Emergency Preparedness Planning
- Hurricane Katrina demonstrated disabled people need to be prepared themselves and can't always depend on rescue workers who may not have the required equipment - are you going to wait to find out?
- Fire (elevators shut down)
- Flood, Tsunami, Hurricane (go to higher level or evacuation by boat)
- Tornado (go down into basement or other secure, wheelchair inaccessible location)
- Earthquake, Landslide, even Terrorism, etc. (crumbled buildings & debris)
Sit Skiing: carried from wheelchair 20' down hill to the beach (early prototype). Leverage makes all the difference! Guy on right in yellow is 5'2" and 125 lbs. helping comfortably transfer a person 5'11" and 236 pounds!
- Safer with less chance of individual being dropped or injured
- Comfortable for individual being transferred, less chance of being lifted in a painful manner
- Maintains individual in natural seated position while securing legs during transfer
- Easy re-positioning, especially pulling individual all the way back into seat
- No more torn clothing or embarrassments from accidentally dislodged or disconnected urinary collection devices
- Only 2 individuals required to assist with transfer
- No special skills or training for those assisting with transfer required
- Transfer lifting can be performed from front & back (aircraft) or each side (kayak)
- Saves backs or other strain injuries of those assisting with transfer
- Easily slipped around individual while seated in wheelchair or any other seat
- Fits securely like special-purpose clothing - can be left in position during activity
- Lightweight & folds up for compact, easy portability such as in exterior pocket of carry-on luggage (only 10" x 11" x 3")
- Highly Adjustable! 2 Sizes accommodates almost all individuals up to 400 pounds!
- American-Made Craftsmanship, Super Strong & Durable, Machine washable. 1 Year limited Warranty.
Related Information Resources:
- Our Travel Category Page on this site.
- UnitedSpinal.org "Accessible Air Travel: A Guide for People with Disabilities" - Transfer & Lifting
- Flying with Disability is a great informational site by Max Jennings
- ABLE to Travel - Specializing in travel arrangement for people with disabilities - provides knowledgeable travel agents that have dealt with challenges that a traveler using a wheelchair may encounter.
- Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP) Worksheetfor disabled individuals
- University of Cambridge -Guidance for writing a Personal Emergency Evacuation Plan (PEEP)
The Comfort Carrier Evacuation Package is also available for any multi-story building, areas at risk for flooding, fire, or any other emergency situation. When planning for emergency preparedness, be sure that your plan includes the needs of everyone.
Patented. Reproduction or use of this concept / design without the express written permission of Broadened Horizons, Inc. is strictly prohibited.Dow